Magnolia Data Solutions uses Active@ KillDisk for Secure Hard Drive Data Destruction
Active@ KillDisk is a powerful Hard Drive Eraser that completely rewrites all data on hard drives. KillDisk conforms to the US Department of Defense 5220.22-M Clearing and Sanitation Matrix by writing all addressable locations with a random character and subsequent verification.
Magnolia recommends Hard Drive Shredding but if that’s not an option, Active@ Kill Disk is the next best option for Secure Data Destruction. Our primary goal is to protect the integrity of our clients data. Upon request, we provide you with a Certificate of Destruction with a Serial Number log for all hard drives that we format via Active@ Kill Disk. This provides you with extra security when it comes to privacy laws.
How is the Data Erased?
Active@ KillDisk overwrites all addressable storage and indexing locations on the Hard Drive (3 consecutive times) : with zeros (0x00), complement (0xFF) and random characters; and then verifies all writing procedures. This method complies with the US DoD 5220.22-M security standard.
Active@ KillDisk Facts
- Supports IDE / ATA / SATA / SCSI hard disk drives
- Supports fixed disks, floppies, zip drives, FlashMedia drives
- Securely overwrites and destroys all data on physical drive or logical partition
- Erases partitions, logical drives and unused disk space
- Erases with one-pass zeros
- Supports all detected hard disk drives
- Erasing report is created and can be saved as a file
- Supports data verification after erasing is completed